- +1 (650) 350-1900
- +1 (866) 468-1900
Seismic Data Server & Repository (SDSR™)
E&P companies have made significant investments in procuring or licensing seismic data. In order to maximize their investment in this data, E&P companies need to bring the seismic data to the Geophysicist – on demand, precisely anywhere in the network. Today, it is difficult and expensive to store and distribute seismic data across a geographically dispersed team.
SDSR supports the needs of mid-sized and large E&P companies (IOCs), NOCs, and National Data Repositories differently.
1. IOCs leverage SDSR to store post-stack data in SEGY format and provision this data to their interpretation tools running on their workstations. Being able to find the right SEGY files for their project from their data management sources using a map interface to show the inventory of surveys and available files and their maturity is very important to them. SDSR reduces the loading time for these SEGY files and eliminates the need to ship the files. Being able to load smaller SEGY files that are created on the fly and provided to the interpretation software will speed the workflow process.
2. NOCs use SDSR to store their pre-stack and post-stack data, leveraging the scalability of the Hadoop® environment. Because SDSR leverages open source technology, NOCs are able to reduce their dependency on proprietary software and licensing. They are also interested in developing their own capabilities within the country and open source is being seen as an important direction.
3. NDRs can use SDSR to leverage workflows for quality control of data loading and for managing the automation of workflows for setting up the concessions and awards.
SDSR is available to organizations in a single MapReduce managed data store either in the cloud or on a private virtualized Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS™) with the cataloging managed in HBase™.
News & Events
- New! White Paper: Drilling & Production Data Repository & Analytics for E&P
- Hadoop for upstream: PointCross unveils open source stack leveraging “Big Data” technology for well and seismic data management
Oil IT Journal ,March 2012
- PointCross – Drilling & Seismic Data Repositories
Digital Energy Journal,
May 17, 2012
- PointCross Unveils Updated Seismic Data Technology
May 17, 2012
- more ››