- +1 (650) 350-1900
- +1 (866) 468-1900
Drilling Data Server & Repository (DDSR™)
Oil & Gas exploration & production businesses are faced with making critical daily drilling decisions. They need to gain insights from wells that have already been drilled. There is also a need to share this Big Data between partners and teams for better real-time decision making.
DDSR has three major components:
- A data loading facility that allows data from multiple sources including RTOCs, RDOC, and legacy drilling data warehouses in multiple formats including WITSML, WITS and LAS logs among others.
- A set of semantic data exchanger/mappers for dynamically transforming the incoming data with disparate mnemonics and units into a normalized, harmonized data store. This process is also much faster than traditional RDBMSs that are plagued by very large data insertion latencies.
- A data access layer that enables DDSR to serve any segment of data for a well on demand in WITSML format.
DDSR is also the foundation for the enabling, developing and applying analytics used to assess the patterns of interest in the logs as well as for text parsing, natural language processing (for reports, drilling plans, and reports) so that the entire well can be described by its attribute metadata in a structured, referenceable manner. The extracted metadata is also stored in the unified data store and made available for configuring future models for predictive safety or performance optimization.
This is all made possible with the use of open source technology. Hadoop and MapReduce together with HBase™, PIG™, and Chukwa™ bring fault-tolerant, infinitely scalable data store and analysis capability while reducing the cost of managing large data.
DDSR is available behind a company's firewall or a public cloud implementation so that data can be entered by Oil Field Services (OFS) and automatically made available at the operator/owner's repositories.
News & Events
- New! White Paper: Drilling & Production Data Repository & Analytics for E&P
- Hadoop for upstream: PointCross unveils open source stack leveraging “Big Data” technology for well and seismic data management
Oil IT Journal ,March 2012
- PointCross – Drilling & Seismic Data Repositories
Digital Energy Journal,
May 17, 2012
- PointCross Unveils Updated Seismic Data Technology
May 17, 2012
- more ››