- +1 (650) 350-1900
- +1 (866) 468-1900
PointCross Announces Latest Orchestra Platform Version Release
HOUSTON, TX, - August 1, 2007
PointCross, Inc. announces the immediate availability of the latest version of its SOA enabled platform, Orchestra™. In keeping with PointCross’ goal of ensuring that customers have access to the best of our technology offerings, this version of Orchestra is available for upgrades to existing installations, and for new deployments. Support for previous versions of Orchestra is being phased out.
The latest Orchestra version offers compelling features that add significant benefits to customers in terms of enhanced productivity and functionality, as well as increased robustness and disaster recovery. The latter features provide peace of mind to stakeholders responsible for supporting critical business applications. Key new features available only in this update of Orchestra:
- Data file Management: Key applications such as qmail, meetings, forms management and calendaring within Orchestra have been migrated to a model which manages their data using encrypted binary files. Similarly, contact (people) related information is also handled using a similar file model. This architecture facilitates efficient bi-directional information transfer between Orchestra and Solo, and enables powerful search and auto-resolve capabilities.
- Rapid Character Match (RCM): This feature provides character match capabilities across contacts, contexts, qmail, meetings and other applications. This allows very rapid matches to be executed in real-time by users, increasing usability and productivity.
- Records Attribution: This release is pre-configured with records attribution capabilities including configurable document meta-tagging, support for project or tree-specific attribution, and customizable reporting. Records attribution is also exposed on the Solo client. The benefit for customers is that all documents within Orchestra intuitively and easily tagged with minimal change management effort.
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) for Enhanced Security: This release of Orchestra supports PKI capabilities for sensitive and secure document transmission. This capability can be turned on to ensure confidentiality for project or asset-related electronic document transmissions.
- Presence Awareness Contextual Synchronization (PACS): This is an entirely new set of server-side services that detects the presence of Solo™ instances. Solo is the user adaptive, self-synchronizing client to Orchestra. When Solo instances are detected, PACS services provide bi-directional synchronization of information between Orchestra on the server side, and Solo on the local user machines. Information managed by PACS include business mail (qmail™), meetings, process data and documents.
- Multi-site Replication: This release is delivered out-of-the-box with multi-site replication support for scenarios where customers have, or plan to deploy replicated environments for high availability and uptime. This capability ensures very minimal to virtually no user detectable downtime, which is a requirement for mission critical applications. Multi-site replication is available in two modes, one where all the relevant sites are active and being replicated in real time, and the other with one primary active and multiple passive sites.
Please contact your Account Manager to find out more about this Orchestra upgrade, and to discuss the costs and logistics involved with applying it to your deployment.
VP & General Manager for E&P
+1-281-295-1900 or +1-650-350-1900
Web site: http://www.pointcross.com
News & Events
- PointCross Announces a Scalable Drilling Data Server & Repository (DDSR™)
March 27, 2012
- PointCross – Drilling & Seismic Data Repositories
Digital Energy Journal,
May 17, 2012
- PointCross Unveils Updated Seismic Data Technology
May 17, 2012
- more ››