- +1 (650) 350-1900
- +1 (866) 468-1900
News & Events
PointCross Announces a Scalable Drilling Data Server & Repository (DDSR™) for Geotechnical Marker Model Development and Detection, for Search & Analytics
FOSTER CITY, CA, March 27, 2012 / PRNewswire
PointCross has announced they have added to their leading edge business solutions portfolio for the Upstream Oil and Gas Exploration and Production industry to include a scalable repository for Geotechnical Marker model development & detection for search and analysis using NoSQL and Hadoop.
Large amounts of drilling data including logging data are being collected at each well site and aggregated before sending it to the owners and operators. This is being repeated across all the wells of a company. This data is exchanged using modern standards such as WITSML - a popular data exchange standard. However there remain a number of challenges in order for this data to be analyzed so that it yields the patterns and lessons contained within it. If the company is drilling a new well there is valuable information that sits in well logs from previously drilled wells. Insights form legacy wells could often be useful or relevant if there was a way to harness this information.
PointCross has developed an integrated Drilling Data Server and Repository (DDSR) solution to address these business problems and more. We have:
- Eliminated the need for a traditional database with a NoSQL approach using MapReduce and Hadoop as the back end scalable data store that is designed for big data
- Combined WITSML drilling operations information with PPDM-based back office data to address the lifecycle of a well
- Extended the repository data model to capture and store real time data, structured and unstructured content
- Developed enablers for analytics to support drilling decisions and DDSR links, maps and extracts data and metadata from legacy systems
- Made our offering available behind a company’s firewall or as an elastic cloud implementation so that data can be entered by the Oil Field Services (OFS) and automatically made available at the operator/owner’s repositories.
This will allow companies to:
- Optimize drilling decisions by analyzing, validating and comparing real-time data with known patterns from historical data and decisions made across wells
- Search for similarities in lithology and other patterns in the measurements across the wells they are drilling in multiple regions/shale plays
- Virtualize computation and storage for scalability
- Use Geotechnical Marker detection and analysis for improved decision support
- Build a complete knowledge representation of all their wells while securely sharing the data with partners and service providers.
About PointCross, Inc.
PointCross, Inc. is a global technology provider of advanced strategic business solutions to knowledge-rich, decision centric markets. We specialize in solutions for knowledge discovery, enterprise search, metadata management and decision processes. Our strengths are rapid configuration of complex solutions, with customer flexibility, providing the highest levels of information security and compliances. PointCross is headquartered in Foster City, California with offices in Houston, Texas, Paris, France and Bangalore, India.
VP & General Manager for E&P
11931 Wickchester Ln, Ste. 210
Houston, TX 77043
News & Events
- PointCross Announces a Scalable Drilling Data Server & Repository (DDSR™)
March 27, 2012
- PointCross – Drilling & Seismic Data Repositories
Digital Energy Journal,
May 17, 2012
- PointCross Unveils Updated Seismic Data Technology
May 17, 2012
- more ››